Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Proud Parents of Brilliant Baby

Isn't she amazing??? We still can't believe we birthed such an incredible being. Dustin gushes everytime he sees her and she reciprocates, kicking and grinning in my arms, reaching fervently for him as soon as he walks through the door each evening. She's brilliant, too. She signs book and duck whenever she hears the words or sees the pictures. She points to her head when we say head, shoulders when we say shoulders, mouth... well, you get the picture. And since Friday she has been playing peek-a-boo by using her hands to cover her eyes, then dramatically pulling them away. I assumed her sitter, Samara, recently taught her that. But she says Ava must have learned that by looking at a book they read with a picture of a baby playing peek-a-boo. We all just can't get over how quickly she learns. Can you tell how proud we are??? We're thinking of putting her in first grade next year...

3 comments:

Fariba Roshak (The Mom) said...

ava, you look so pretty!!! When are you coming to my house to play? I got this new toy from grandma that rolls around on the floor by its self. Every time it starts to move I get nervous and head towards my mommy. Maybe you will like it though.... i am still trying to figure out if I like it or not! buh-Bye! Jordan

Anonymous said...

beautiful and smart... she takes after her mommy!
-kate

Anonymous said...

....ain't she sweet..just a walkin' down the street...well, I ask you very confidentally...ain't she sweet?