Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My name is what?

Ok, so Dustin and I chose to name our daugther Ava Leigh ostensibly because we loved that name. But I rarely ever call her Ava. These crazy nicknames always spill from my mouth whenever we play. She entered the world with not such pleasant names, I admit. Bucket was one of her first nicknames. Short for Fuss-Bucket because she cried so much at first. Then Bucket turned into Button, short for Button-Head because she has such a tiny little head. Every week or so a new nickname emerged: Cheeky, Avers (I got close once), Buttercup, Suger-Girl, Shoogy-Girl, Shoogy-Woogy-Boogy-Girl, Shoogy-Woogy-Shoo-Shoo-Girl, Shoogy-Bear; to name a few. Every nickname eventually gets shortened. She's often just Shoogy (apparently Shoogy and any variation of that name hits the spot for me). But the latest has been Sugar Pops. I guess I kinda like that one because she's had it for a while. Maybe its because she's just so adorable - she inspires lots of cute nicknames. She's my Sugar-Pops-Girl! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

isaac, iris, and june said...

You would think our parents would just choose a name and stick to it. But no, everyday there's some new name that gets thrown into the mix. Personally, I think you make a great Sugar-bear or Huggy-bear. mmm...Shuggy-bear! Have a wonderful cinco de mayo, muchacha de azucar. (That's tomorrow, chica!)